Altamont has an immediate opening for a motivated early- to mid-level Site Civil Engineer—with a P.E. as a requirement—to join our successful and growing Engineering/Design and Planning service line.
“We’re looking for a mid-level civil engineer eager to work with a high-performing team and for a variety of clients,” says Mike Dale, R.L.A., one of Engineering’s two service line leaders at Altamont. “People on our team are involved in every stage of the work from conceptual design to construction administration and permitting, all with a deep commitment to excellence for our clients.”
The ideal candidate will have 5 to 8 years of civil engineering experience. General responsibilities include development of conceptual designs, analysis of design alternatives, drawing/detail preparations, construction cost estimating, specification preparation, construction site inspections, proposal and report preparation, schedule and budget management, and communication with internal and external clients. The position requires experience in grading plans, stormwater design, utility systems design, and permitting. Strong communication skills are essential: The position will require written and oral communication and interaction with clients, regulators, and Altamont staff.
Altamont is a full-service, multidisciplinary firm composed of engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, landscape architects, and environmental specialists. Altamont serves a diverse variety of public and private clients on a wide range of projects. Altamont offers its employees a challenging and rewarding career in a team environment, as well as a competitive salary based on experience and a complete benefits package. We are based in Asheville, North Carolina, an attractive and growing city in the mountains of Western North Carolina.
Work closely with staff to help develop projects from concept and proposals to design reports to construction documents. We work on a diverse array of projects that may include:
- Master Planning
- Site Design/Land Planning
- Greenways /Multi-Use Path Planning
- Low Impact Development
- Development and Construction Phasing
- Stormwater Hydrology and Hydraulics
- Erosion and Sediment Control
- Potable Water Systems
- Sanitary Sewer Systems
Other responsibilities include:
- Prepare and review plans and specifications
- Document design changes and communications
- Develop construction documents and details
- Provide field reconnaissance and construction observation and administration
- Attend client, project, public, and staff meetings
- Maintain excellent client relations
Minimum Education Requirement
- An N.C. Professional Engineer licensure (or ability to obtain it within 90 days) is required
- 5 to 8 years of civil engineering experience
- Strong design skills with the ability to solve problems in a creative manner
- Proficient in computer-aided drafting and design (CADD) applications. Experience in Bentley MicroStation highly beneficial.
- Experience with stormwater management and hydrologic/hydraulic analysis
- Excellent written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations
- Willing and able to travel if necessary (typically within a 4-hour driving distance or less)
Additional Desired Skills
- Permitting experience
- HEC-RAS modeling
- Water/wastewater treatment design
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER” in all CAPS included in the subject line. Submitted materials must be sent as PDFs; documents in other formats will not be considered. Only individuals with the education and training commensurate with the job posting should apply. Please be sure to follow the Altamont Environmental, Inc. page on Facebook, as well as LinkedIn, to stay apprised of ongoing opportunities.